Venture Capital Investment Manager - Stockholm
Investment Manager (M/F) - Stockholm
Creandum is Europe's most successful early-stage Venture Capital fund, supporting startup entrepreneurs around the world. With our offices in Stockholm, San Francisco, and Berlin, we back the companies of tomorrow. We are driven by our belief that any industry can be disrupted by the right entrepreneur, and aim to find the most ambitious ones out there. Creandum has backed 100+ companies around the globe including Spotify, iZettle, Kry, Trade Republic, Taxfix, and Klarna.
Your role within the firm
As an Investment Manager, you will be part of Creandum’s global investment team, identifying the most promising startup investment opportunities across Europe and the US.
You will become part of the deal team and you will be a crucial part of the whole deal journey: from the first meeting through to closing, and beyond. Your input will decide whether or not the team proceeds with due diligence and a potential investment recommendation. You will therefore have a direct influence on which companies the Creandum funds invest in, and you will continue to work with these companies over the long term, both inside and outside the boardroom.
As part of your role, you will represent the firm publicly, both on stage and in the media.
- Independently source and evaluate new investment opportunities across all Nordic countries and contribute to the list of deals the investment team discusses every week.
- Manage crucial parts of various simultaneous workstreams and contribute to the decision-making process.
- As part of the deal team, you analyze business plans, markets, industries and technology trends, enabling the firm to win the most competitive deals.
- Support senior investment team members in their work with new and existing portfolio companies.
- Independently manage and prioritize communications and processes on behalf of the senior investment team members. This includes internal processes as well as engagements with founders, CEOs, and other stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- Be part of a thriving, global and fun team who will support you to grow professionally.
- Represent the firm at external events and panels, as well as through other public-facing activities, thereby helping strengthen the Creandum brand within the industry and your own personal brand in the early-stage venture world.
What we are looking for
Personality: The ideal person for this job is proactive, outgoing and self motivated. You easily build new relationships through a curious mind, by being humble and by contributing to the conversation with ease. You challenge the status quo in every dimension.
Business acumen: You impress with your broad understanding of economic contexts and ideally have a good understanding of business fundamentals. You can zoom into details with confidence while not losing sight of the bigger picture when it comes to evaluating an opportunity.
Trends and technology: You are fascinated by the future and have a strong interest in technology trends. You develop enthusiasm about entrepreneurs who challenge the status quo. You don’t need to write code yourself, but you should fundamentally believe in the scalable value of software.
Communication: Given the dynamic nature of our operations, we are looking for somebody who keeps cool under pressure and maintains confidence when interacting with stakeholders at all levels. You are a great listener and can precisely distill the most valuable information. You are good at leading discussions around new topics and know how to involve stakeholders effectively.
Mindset: You will be part of a fast-paced environment, which is why extreme ownership of topics and exceptional organizational abilities are key to your success. Though you are part of a fast-paced team, you can prioritize your own workstreams independently.
- The Nordics are your home — Surströmming, Hønsekødssuppe and Laskiaispulla are nothing new to you.
- You have a good holistic understanding of economic contexts and business processes.
- You have experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Your friends call you a true hustler.
- Your testified startup or technology interests help you lead discussions in the ecosystem.
- Your English is flawless and ideally you have a good command of at least one Nordic language.
- Your friends call you a true global citizen.
- You bring a minimum of 3 years’ full-time work experience.
- You graduated with a degree from a top university.
Creandum is a leading European early-stage venture capital firm backing some of Europe’s most successful tech companies including Spotify, iZettle, Klarna, and Small Giant Games. The Creandum Funds are based in Guernsey, and are advised by advisory entities in Sweden, Germany, and San Francisco.